My Writing and Editing Arsenals
“What are your “go to” resources when you write, or when you edit?”
I’ve been asked this question, and variations thereupon, so many times that I decided to post my list for easy access. Do expect this list to change and evolve as time goes by, and I discover other gems that I find useful. I hope you find these resources just as useful.
- Ruvinsky, Maxine. 2009. Practical Grammar: A Canadian Writer’s Resource. Oxford University Press Canada.
- Butler, Eugenia. 1994. Correct Writing. Wadsworth Publishing.
- QDT. 2013. “Grammar Girl.” http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/grammar-girl“
- Allen, Roger MacBride. 1996. “The Standard Deviations of Writing.” http://www.sff.net/people/roger.allen/essays/mistakes.htm#Introduction
- King, Stephen. 2010. On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft.” Scribner.
- Einsohn, Amy. 2011. The Copyeditor’s Handbook: A Guide for Book Publishing and Corporate Communications. University of California Press.